- Have an amazing experience flying in a high performance aerobatic plane. This Pitts Special will give you a flight that you will never forget. This aircraft is considered to be the best Pitts S-2A in the U.K. today.
- Fly serenely in a beautiful biplane over the stunning Cotswold countryside, with views over the Severn Estuary and Wales or try extreme aerobatics for the adrenaline junkies.
- If you want, you can learn to fly manoeuvres yourself under your pilot's instruction and supervision, perhaps developing a flying sequence of figures as in an air show routine.
- Aircraft; Pitts S-2A, also known as a Pitts Special is a UK EASA certified aircraft. This aircraft was recently refurbished which included a fantastic new paint scheme. Included for use in the flight is a set of active noise cancelling headphones which will reduce the sound of the mighty 200 hp engine.
- Cost; Prices start from £160 for a 20 minute flight and £215 for a 30 minute flight. Training in the Pitts S-2A is £245 per hour plus £50 for an instructor.
- All instructors are Class Rated for Aerobatics and have many 100's of hours of experience in advanced aerobatics.
- Video footage taken from the flight can be recorded and is free of charge.
- Special effect trailing smoke is an optional extra at £25.
- Each flight takes approx. 2 hours, this includes a pre-flight familiarisation with the aircraft, taxi, flight, landing and debrief.
- Conditions; Max. height 6'3", max. weight 15 stone/95 kgs, physically fit and in good health. Anyone under the age of 18 yrs must be accompanied to the airport by their parent or guardian. If the weather is not good enough on the day we will notify you of the need to find an alternative date and will do our best to accommodate your availability.
- Where; The main entrance to the airport is half way between Tetbury and Cirencester on the A433 not the A429. Useful postcode for the satnav is GL7 6BA. Kemble Airfield and Cotswold Airport share the same site but unfortunately have differant entrances, please use Cotswold Airport entrance.
- I will meet you in the AV8 restaurant/cafe at the airport.
- Contact Details; (m) 07580 069155
- Aircraft Location